Friday, December 18, 2009

Hello, Santa?

Dear Santa,

After much searching and experimenting, the following are 3 fragrances I would love to get for Christmas (not in order of importance):

1. Angel by Thierry Mugler
2. Daisy by Marc Jacobs
3. Essence by Narcisco Rodriguez

None of these fragrances is my signature fragrance, I am already using my second bottle of that one. They are all fairly new to the marketplace and have a few things in common.

First of all, the bottle: each is uniquely designed - Angel is sold in a blue eco-friendly glass star-shaped bottle which is refillable. Daisy has a leatherette flower attached to the bottle and is simple, yet very pretty. And Essence? It's in a unique mirrored bottle which gives it a contemporary look and really stands out among the plainer products like Chanel No. 5.

Secondly, the scents: Angel is strong, packs a whallop but it lasts and lasts for hours. A sales clerk in another store at the mall complimented me on it, so I know I can avoid the 'smells like an old ladies' closet' label because this scent suits me. Daisy has an amazing base note, is delicate and light, and I'm trying to figure out what's in it. And Essence....wow. This scent is absolutely drop dead gorgeous.

Despite being unemployed for much of 2009, I have been a really good girl this year, Santa. When I start to feel down about the lack of job prospects for a middle aged woman like myself, I spritz on perfume and it makes me feel happier. Not only does scent affect memory, it also affects moods by uplifting them - psychology in a bottle.

Thanks Santa, I feel better already.

No comments:

Post a Comment